If you take a look around your home, it’s not hard to figure out that the majority of your furniture is made of wood.
Wood continues to be one of the most popular materials for tables, shelves, chairs, cabinets, and more!
Designing, creating, and detailing each piece takes a great deal of work, and it’s important to have the right tools if you want to get the job done properly.
Some of the most common woodworking accessories are table saw blades, clamps, wood-turning lathes, and dust extractors.
But what about a powerful tabletop saw?
If you are looking for a compact piece of equipment that will allow you to cut wood, plastic, ceramic tiles, aluminum, and more with ease…you’re going to want to check the Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw!
What You'll Learn...
About Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
The Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is made by an American company that’s a very trusted name in the power tools industry.
Rockwell has been providing top-notch and dependable equipment for more than 60 years now, and they show no signs of slowing down.
Their extensive repertoire of available power tools and equipment includes oscillating tools, brushless drills, portable support systems, and circular saws.
Going forward, Rockwell aims to continue offering their customers high-quality, durable, and affordable products that they can rely on at all times. And the RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw has proven to be no exception!
Rockwell Bladerunner X2 Accessories
The Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is packed with most of the accessories anyone could want in a tabletop saw.
Learn more about one of the best portable tabletop saws with the list of features below.
- Has a traditional guard and steel rip fence
- Riving knife system
- It includes 10 pieces of t-shank jig blade and it is also compatible with any 4 in. t-shank jigsaw blades
- Comes with a built-in tabletop handle that allows you to carry it easily
- Allows you to cut wood, tiles, metal, aluminum, PCV pipes, and plastic
- Tool-free blade changes
- Equipped with storage for the blades, rip fence, and miter gauge
- Miter gauge can be adjusted for 0° to 60° cuts
- Comes with a safety switch and an Allen key
- Lightweight: weighs less than 15 lbs.
- The table’s dimensions are 15-3/4 in. x 17 in.
What We Like
This portable tabletop saw from Rockwell is a great choice if you are looking for one that is lightweight, compact, and powerful.
Here’s why we like it…
- Extremely flexible and allows you to do a number of different cuts
- Does not take a lot of space and it is easy to store after use
- Durable, even though it is made from lightweight materials
- High-speed saw, even faster than an ordinary jigsaw
- Easy to set up out of the box and does not require tools to assemble
- This products operates very smoothly and is not that loud
- Very affordable
What We Don’t Like
The Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is a must-have piece for anyone who loves to DIY.
However, like any other product, it is not perfect. There are still a few things that this portable tabletop saw could definitely improve upon, like…
- Despite the Bladerunner X2’s portability, you still have to bolt it to your workbench or table so that it doesn’t move when you are using it
- The blades that come with this tabletop saw are not the best quality
- The design of the miter gauge is not really suited for a portable tabletop saw
- Not ideal for big cuts/big projects, as the blade tends to overheat
- The instructions only come with pictures and not words, which some people might find a bit harder to understand
Rockwell Bladerunner X2 Projects
The Rockwell Bladerunner X2 is perfect for those who love to do home improvement and projects.
Its versatile, compact, and lightweight design also makes it very easy to do woodworking when you live in an apartment.
However, uses for the Bladerunner X2 are not strictly limited to woodwork. Here are some other great Bladerunner X2 project ideas!
1) Cutting Ceramic Tile for a Kitchen Remodel
One of my guys had a great experience using it to cut ceramic tile when he and his wife were re-doing the kitchen of their condo a few years ago. He followed the advice on Rockwell’s website and equipped a carbide grip jigsaw blade for the job.
This proved to be very effective, cutting through the ceramic tile with surprising ease and efficiency.
Anytime you can handle a job like that without using a wet tile saw and risk getting water everywhere is a complete win in my book.
His one complaint was the amount of what he felt was unnecessary noise and vibration.
But at the end of the day, he feels that it was a reasonable price to pay for how well the final results turned out.
2) Cutting PVC Pipe for a Fishing Rod Holder
5 years ago, a neighbor of mine (on a bet that he and I made after one too many Old Milwaukees) actually built a fishing rod holder out of PVC pipe using the Bladerunner X2.
PVC is generally a much easier material to cut through than metal or plexiglass…the only real major issue, as most seasoned DIY’ers can attest to, is the potential chips in PVC that come from using a dull blade or a large-tooth blade. This causes an uneven cut resulting from increased vibration.
But my neighbor was able to make the cleanest cuts you could ask for with the Bladerunner X2.
The fishing rod holder was a beauty. And the last time I checked with him, that fishing rod holder is still suiting his beloved retirement hobby to this day!
A Possible Alternative
If the project you’re looking to complete requires very thick planks of wood or extremely hard pieces of metal, as well as a great deal of precision and accuracy, you might want to bite the bullet and opt for purchasing a full table saw instead.
An excellent choice for this is the Bosch 4100XC-10 Tablesaw.
This saw is much more powerful and will allow you to do intricate and precise work on pretty much any type of material.
Although it is a table saw, it is still portable…it comes with wheels for easy transportation!
If you have the budget and space, then the Bosch 4100XC-10 is a great alternative for you.
Wrapping it Up
The pure happiness that comes from a job well done can’t be replicated. It just can’t.
I prefer the satisfaction of building something with my own two hands over purchasing store furniture any day of the week.
If you don’t have the right tools, however, you’re going to be dead in the water. And while the Bladerunner X2 is not without its flaws, it is still a fantastic all-around power saw any hobbyist or DIY-er should have in their workshop.
If you are looking for a portable tabletop saw that does not take a lot of space and doesn’t wallop your wallet, I think you’ll find that the Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is the perfect choice for you.